• 17 February 2020
We might sound like a stuck record, but we just can't get enough of the FOREO UFO. The nifty device revolutionised the sheet mask industry by converting your usual 20 minute sloppy session into a quicker and much more effective 90 second treat, so you can even sheet mask pre-work, who knew. Not only do you reap the benefits of the moisture filled masks, but you also receive a facial treat from the inbuilt LED light therapy, usually only found in the salon. But the UFO doesn't just come alone, no no, it has a specific app designed by FOREO to help you make the most of your treatment. It's basically like having a high-tech facial machine and therapist in your home.
Here's How You Use the UFO App
1. Firstly, download the app
2. Once downloaded, press and hold the on/off button for 3 seconds to pair your UFO with the FOREO app. The full white light ring appears when the UFO is paired.
3. Choose your mask, day or night.
4. Follow the in app instructions to clip your chosen mask in place and scan the mask barcode. The corresponding treatment will automatically sync to your UFO device before you start the treatment.
5. Gently glide UFO across clean, dry skin and massage the formula in using circular motions. If you choose the morning mask the first 30 seconds of the treatment involves red LED light to prep the skin, and then continues with 30 seconds of sonic pulsing to heighten the absorption of the mask essence. The final 30 seconds is with a green-based LED light, as well as lower-frequency pulsations, to even skin tone and add a radiant boost until the device turns off, indicating the end of your treatment. If you're using the night time mask the first 30 seconds feature higher frequency pulsing, plus red LED light, to help the essence sink deeper into the skin. The final minute of the mask is much like the morning mask, with T-sonic pulsing at a lower frequency, along with red LED light, to focus on enhanced blood circulation and restoring skin’s elasticity.
6. Use your fingers to gently pat any remaining mask residue into your skin, until it is fully absorbed and follow with your favourite moisturiser. We love this one.
7. Finally, dispose of the mask and rinse your UFO under warm water (don't worry it's completely waterproof) and enjoy your new found glow!