Vaginal rejuvenation is a blanket term to refer to medical interventions, training devices and surgical vaginal tightening procedures designed for vaginal restoration. They are concerned with strengthening and firming the pelvic floor and vagina, improving aesthetics or correcting conditions like incontinence. Vagi rejuvenation overlaps a range of popular treatments including CO2 laser treatment, radiofrequency (radio waves) treatment, injections, Kegel and pelvic floor training or a vaginoplasty.
What does vaginal rejuvenation do?
The vagina rejuvenation process could consist of exercises to offer pelvic floor rejuvenation or medical procedures to artificially tighten the vaginal canal. If you’re wondering how to rejuvenate your vagina, you should know that both surgical and non-surgical options exist.
Pelvic floor rejuvenation is probably your first step as it uses Kegels to firm the vaginal canal to prevent incontinence and other conditions at a fraction of the cost of other options.
Why do some women undergo vaginal rejuvenation?
Many postpartum or postmenopausal women consider vaginal rejuvenation because of Laxity (lack of tightness) of the vagina, stress urinary incontinence, or a lack of lubrication. Both surgical and non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation can help with these concerns.
Common vaginal rejuvenation methods
- Vaginoplasty (Posterior Colporrhaphy): surgically remove excess vaginal skin and tightens muscles
- Perineoplasty: surgically tightens and improves the skin between the vagina and anus
- Hymenoplasty (Hymenorrhaphy): surgically reconstructs the hymen
- Labiaplasty: surgically trims vagina lips to improve form and function
- Labia Augmentation with Fat Transfer: surgically transfers fat from another body area to the labia to plump and firm
- Clitoral Hood Reduction: surgically exposes more sensitive clitoral tissue for enhanced pleasure
- Monsplasty: surgically reduces the skin & fat of the pubic mound (FUPA)
- Labia Augmentation with Hyaluronic Acid Fillers: combats wrinkling and sagging with fillers
- O-Shot: injects platelet-rich plasma to stimulate vaginal cell growth
- G-Shot: a hyaluronic acid-based injection into the g-spot to increase sexual pleasure
- Vaginal Rejuvenation with Laser Energy/RF: uses heat to improve moisture, bladder control and vaginal appearance
- Kegels/pelvic floor trainers - uses weights, constriction or smart devices to exercise the pelvic muscles for reduced incontinence and improved vaginal tightness
How to rejuvenate your vagina from home
The only vaginal rejuvenation procedures you can do at home involve Kegels. If you want impressive results, try a smart pelvic floor trainer like the Elvie to enhance your vaginal workout. It will guide you through 6 different Kegel programmes to reverse the damage to your vagina from childbirth or age that contribute to bladder, intercourse and prolapse problems. You’ll notice a difference in just 2 weeks.
Does vaginal rejuvenation work?
All surgical and non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation treatments work. Deciding what is right for you depends on your vagi rejuvenation goals, budget and timeline. For most people, a non-surgical approach like injections or Kegels will solve most of your vaginal concerns. If you’re concerned about incontinence, vaginal tightness or prolapse; ask your GP if pelvic floor training is right for you. And if you’re not sure how sex tech could help you solve these concerns, talk to a Beauty Device Expert today.